20 de agosto de 2018
Pretty ropey. Unfriendly and a bad night's sleep.
- It’s an annex to the Hospederia Santillana, not with its own facilities
- One room reeked of cigarettes as did bed linen
- Severe drainage smell coming from bathroom
- Lack of clothes and surface space, small wardrobe smelled damp and musty
- Housekeeping did not prepare one room, no towels, bed made but linen not changed, bin not emptied
- Wifi non existent in the annex, you can only pick up connection close to reception window next door
- Lumpy, old, beds. Wafer thin pillows.
- You can hear EVERYTHING from rooms below and adjacent (snoring, TV, bed creaks, everything...) the interior construction is flimsy
- Staff fairly unhelpful and unfriendly (apart from one we came across). If you don't speak Spanish then you won't get any communication.
- Breakfast not provided and if it's not in your room rate you can't add it as an option (we were refused even though we were quite clear we expected to pay)
=VERY POOR NIGHTS' SLEEP, GLORIFIED HOSTEL AND NOT VERY FRIENDLY OR HELPFUL SERVICE
Only made up for by the fact that the everything else during our stay in Santillana Del Mar was very good with some great excursions, friendly restaurants and good food elsewhere in the town.
The location is very good, close to the centre of Santillana, which is mainly pedestrianised in the centre, literally a short stroll away. Parking was fairly easy on an adjacent plot, although I’m not entirely sure that all the people using this car park were actually residents. First impressions were really promising, from the outside it looks like a charming conversion of an old building. Once inside, the lounge and entrance backed up this impression of tasteful decor and the feeling of a lovely, cosy rural Posada. But there the positive experience ended. It’s an annex to the Hospederia Santillana, just so everyone knows because that's not clear from the description.